The supervision and management of the Town Council’s:
Recreation grounds, Open spaces & allotments and land interests.
The furtherance and pursuit of health and well-being by co-operation with local sports clubs and associations with leisure, recreational and past-time activities as part of its cause;
The advancement of the present recreational facilities available;
The promotion of the arts and heritage across the Town;
The oversight and management of large external events held upon Town Council land and the grant of licences accordingly;
The exercise of statutory functions relating to nominations of assets of community value, Town Greens and those discretionary powers outside the terms of reference of the Planning and Regulatory Committee;
Matter relating specifically to Druitt Gardens and Hall.
Delegated to Community Committee
- To be responsible for the supervision and management of the Town Council’s recreation grounds and open spaces;
- To be responsible for the supervision and management of the Town Council’s allotments and land interests;
- To liaise with external organisations, and other local authorities responsible for providing sport and recreation;
- To be responsible for the advancement and maximisation of the use of the Town Council’s recreational offering;
- To promote and encourage an expansion of sport and leisure activities within the community
- To promote and encourage the arts and conservation and heritage of the Town;
- To recommend to Resources Committee any changes required in terms of the management and supervision of the Town Council’s recreation grounds, open spaces and allotments, including personnel;
- To oversee and recommend to Council any changes to the Council’s annual budget concerning the Terms of Reference of the Committee;
- To liaise and promote the holding of events upon Town Council property and oversee any application process for large external events including the grant or otherwise of a licence to hold the event;
- To recommend to Resources Committee charges, rates and fees for services within the purview of the Committee.
2022-23 Agendas and Minutes
This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology and are in the following formats: .pdf. Request an accessible format.